This year the Oxfordshire Academies Business Managers Group is holding its second conference on 5th March 2019 at the Kassam Stadium. One of the speakers is Katie Paxton-Doggett, the current vice chair of the NGA. OABGM is keen to ensure that Governors are aware of the conference. They want to encourage participation from a number of different disciplines including Business Managers, HR Managers, Governors and Headteachers from Academies, MATS and Maintained Schools.
Last year there was a very inclusive approach and this was appreciated and commented on by the delegates.
This year, there are some first class speakers covering a wide range of topics including Governance, the changing role of the School Business Manager, Procurement, Estate Management and MAT development. The aim is to appeal to a broad range of disciplines across a variety of job roles.
There are two excellent keynote speakers again this year:
Felicity Aston, British polar explorer Felicity Aston MBE is an author, speaker, expedition leader and former Antarctic scientist. In 2012 she became the first woman to ski alone across Antarctica.
Martin Post, Regional Schools Commissioner, North-West London and South Central England.
Breakout sessions will be led by:
- Katie Paxton-Doggett, Vice Chair of the National Governance Association
- Lorraine Ashover, Minerva Procurement Consultancy Services
- Rachael Warwick, Executive Head Teacher of Ridgeway Education Trust and President of ASCL
- Matthew Clements-Wheeler – Deputy Head and SBM, Bordesley Green Girls School and Sixth Form
- Sue Webb – Executive Consultant, Values Based Education
- Neil Limbrick – Director, Lighthouse Education Consultancy
- Julia Harden – ASCL Funding Specialist
- Richard Thorpe – Partner, Ridge and Partners
- Anne Lynn – Chief Operations Officer, Faringdon Academy of Schools
There will also be an expert panel session at the end of the day to encourage debate and they will be inviting questions prior to the event – as well as people being able to contribute on the day.
For a full agenda and details on how to sign up to the conference, please go to http://www.oabmg.co.uk/events/.